Barriers to Healthcare
People with a learning disability can find it difficult to access services and often have a different experience of using services than other patients. People with a learning disability face particular barriers. Please use the TABS below to see example barriers.
- Limited understanding.
- Being distressed in unfamiliar places.
- Have a poor understanding of health or healthy living.
- Have sensory impairments.
- Limited literacy & numeracy skills.
- Have had a previous poor experience.
- Have difficulty waiting.